cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cetnral Build CAF projects : additional SCAs to check in ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running a nw04s jdi and trying to build our first CAF project with the CBS.

The build (activation) requests fail.

I suspect we are missing some SCAs in our CBS.

Are there any other SCA's that need to be checked into a track before a CAF project can be succesfully built ?

If, so, could someone please tell which SCAs ? Are there any SCAs specific to CAF with only the BUILDARCHIVES available or can we just checkin the real SCAs (holding both the build and deploy archives).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you import the 3 base SC's into the track as described here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/6760b8d7b64b6eb74052eb5bdf1405/frameset.htm ?

In order for this to work, you must have defined a Usage Dependency for each of these SC's in your CAF SC definition in the SLD. You need to do this first before you check-in the SCA's.

The steps are as follows if you already have an existing track for your CAF developments:

1. Define Usage Dependencies in the SLD for your CAF SC.

2. Update CMS in CMS Landscape Configurator.

3. Synchronize SC Dependencies in your track: The 3 base SC's should then show in the Required SC's table. If not, delete and re-add your CAF SC.

4. Save the track.

5. Re-import the Development Configuration in your NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

Thanks for reading my post.

Well, indeed, I did define the dependencies in the SLD (i.e. the dependency upon the classic tree base SCAs (JEE, BUILDT, JTECHS), but no dependency for any of the core CAF SCAs.

Is it your experience that you only need the 3 base SCAs to build a CAF project and its related projects using CBS ?

When I check the landscape configuration, I do see the dependencies declared and I also checked in the three base SCAs according to the help.sap.com instructions.

Here's the error message I get in the request log of the CBS":

Analyse activities... started at 2006-02-09 17:50:51.429 GMT

Analyse dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:51.804 GMT and took 125 ms

CREATE: Development Component "ao.org/appl/cafru20"

Analyse dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:51.976 GMT and took 172 ms

CREATE: Development Component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/ejbmodule"

Analyse dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:52.148 GMT and took 172 ms

CREATE: Development Component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/dictionary"

Analyse dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:52.257 GMT and took 109 ms

CREATE: Development Component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/metadata"

Analyse dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:52.460 GMT and took 203 ms

CREATE: Development Component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/webdynpro"

Analyse dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:52.554 GMT and took 94 ms

CREATE: Development Component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/permissions"

6 components to be build in compartment "ao.org_CAFPILOT_1"

Analyse activities... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:53.085 GMT and took 1 s 656 ms

Change request state from PROCESSING to PROCESSING

Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...

"ao.org/appl/cafru20" variant "default"

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/ejbmodule" variant "default"

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/ejbmodule" variant "default" cannot be built. Activation will fail.

<b>INVALID dependency is declared to public part: CAFRuntimeAPI.

[DC 193 variant "default"][SC 85 "ao.org_CAFPILOT_1"] using [PP CAFRuntimeAPI of DC 173 at Build-Time Dependency]</b> "ao.org/appl/cafru20/dictionary" variant "default"

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/dictionary" variant "default" cannot be built. Activation will fail.

INVALID dependency is declared to public part: types_compilation.

[DC 194 variant "default"][SC 85 "ao.org_CAFPILOT_1"] using [PP types_compilation of DC 172 at Build-Time Dependency]

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/metadata" variant "default"

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/metadata" variant "default" cannot be built. Activation will fail.

INVALID dependency is declared to public part: default.

[DC 195 variant "default"][SC 85 "ao.org_CAFPILOT_1"] using [PP default of DC 175 at Build-Time Dependency]

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/webdynpro" variant "default"

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/webdynpro" variant "default" cannot be built. Activation will fail.

INVALID dependency is declared to public part: default.

[DC 196 variant "default"][SC 85 "ao.org_CAFPILOT_1"] using [PP default of DC 175 at Build-Time Dependency]

"ao.org/appl/cafru20/permissions" variant "default"

Prepare build environment in the file system... started at 2006-02-09 17:50:53.413 GMT

Prepare build environment in the file system... finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:53.413 GMT and took 0 ms

===== Pre-Processing ===== finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:53.413 GMT and took 2 s 15 ms

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

ERROR! The following problem(s) occurred during request processing:

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "ao.org/appl/cafru20" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/ejbmodule" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/dictionary" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/metadata" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "ao.org/appl/cafru20/webdynpro" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2006-02-09 17:50:53.413 GMT and took 2 s 31 ms

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some more investigation, I'm not sure if NWDI-based CAF development is currenlty possible: I'm quite sure you'll need some of the DCs in the CAF SC, but there's no CAF.sca delivered with the NWDI installation. If you look in the Local Development configuration you will see there are 6 predefined SC's available: BI_UDI, CAF, CAF-MP, SAP_JTECHS, SAP_BUILDT and SAP-JEE. All of these, except CAF-MP contain DCs. So, you can probably perform local CAF developments without using NWDI, but since there's no CAF.sca delivered with NWDI, you cannot perform NWDI-based CAF developments.

Could you actually successfully build your DCs locally (inside the imported Development Configuration)? If so, it's worth figuring out which Used DCs are defined for your DC.