cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Generation failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am just trying to create Sub-Contract challan by using T.Code J1IF01. I have done the necessary configuration to create the Sub-Contract challan as per the config setting. But when I try to create the same, the system gives the error message as "Number Range Generation failure". I have created the number range in SNRO / J_1I57FC with the relevant series group.

Please let us know as to why the system is not generating the number range.

Awaiting your valuable input please..

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Surely somebody has transported the number range of documents. Check it.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi duardo,

I don't think that we can transport the number range as it is client specific. Could you please let me know where and how to check it out?

Please guide me....

Regards,

Mani

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I'm not sure what is the tcode that you use (now I'w working with an IS-Retail, I don't work with the funcionality of R/3) but perhaps this step will help you:

- Do a trace with tcode ST05 for the funcional task that return this error. In your step of analysis set the step in that SAP read the table NRIV, where it reads the number range.

- When you have ident the point, set a break point. After check if in table where you store the documents (VBAK for SO, VBRK for invoices and so on) perhaps this document is in table. Like the document number is a key field, you cannot do two entries in tables with the same key.

Another possibility: ident the error message. Set break-points before the message (it's a validation but with error). Do the same check, if the number of document exists in tables.

It's no habitual, but sometimes happens that any consultant do this mistake (transport the range numbers).

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Eduardo

pd: I forgot it! With SE16N search for the transactional tables the last document (eg: last VBELN for VBRK, VBAK, LIKP, and so on), and check with the configuration of number ranges.

Edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa on Oct 16, 2008 12:34 PM

Edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa on Oct 16, 2008 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the brief explanation. Let me try and get back.

I would also like to inform you that I am working on the CIN (Country India Version) module and it is in-built of SAP R/3

Thanks..

Regards,

Mani

Answers (0)