cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional settings and decimal separator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using VisualStudio 2005 with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005.

This error occured when upgrading to this version.

Problem occurs when generating pdf report with Norwegian regional settings (numbers: decimal separator is , not . in Norway). English (U.K) settings are ok.

Description of error:

A field with 2 decimal digits will be displayed as value*100. For instance:

value 13,00 will be displayed as 1300,00.

If 3 digits the field will be displayed as value * 1000.

Question: Is this a known bug? And is there a way to fix this without upgrading?

Best regards,

Torbjørn Sigurdsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Torbjørn;

If you edit the report, right click on the Date Field in question, and choose Format Object.

On the Date tab, make sure that a System Default option is selected. In this way, the report will change based on the regional settings where it is being ran.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. But this doesn't really solve my problem. I did try it though. The dates are getting the system formatting.

The date is not my problem, the presentation of numbers is. I have a number 27.50 which shall be presented that way, but when the regional settings are set to norwegian, the number is displayed like 2750,00 or 2750.00 depending on which way it is formatted. (multiplied by 100, and if the number should be presented with only one decimal space, it is multiplied with 10)

The problem is that crystal doesn't seem to recognize , as a decimal separator when reading the values from the temporary xml files. Only . is accepted.

And this was no problem untill the upgrade to CR for Visual Studio 2005.

Best regards,

Torbjørn Sigurdsen

0 Kudos

Hi torbjorn,

Yes this is a know issue and in most cases it should be resolved by installing the latest patch. It's not clear what verion of the runtime you are using though? Cr for .NET 2005 is version 10.2 and Crystal Reports Developer XI is 11.0 and XI R2 is 11.5.

Go to the download page and get the latest patches and re-test.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)