cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions in Web Dynpro Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I develop an application for booking devices. Devices belong to a department. At the moment I assign 3 (portal-)roles (read, write, administrate) to every department. So, only users with read access (belonging to "read" role) can see the device, and so on.

For administrative users it is possible to create departments. For this reason it is necessary to create new roles in my application and assign roles to department.

Now I have the demand to implement the permissions on device level. I worry that sometimes I have to implement the permissons on booking level. In this case, I have to create 3 roles for every booking.

Could this be a problem for the portal? Is there a better way to do so?

(I thought about UME Permissions, but to my knowledge it is not possible to create actions without deploying)

Any recommendations?

Best regards,

Roman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman

If you need to check permissions on the business object level you can UME Access Control Lists (ACL). Each ACL allows to join permission, user and some business object (just some object). Check UME API for the purpose. The API allows to create new ACL, check user permission according to it and delete ACL. ACLs are stored by UME itself.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

No maximum authrizations are in the backend only,

Cheers,

Appa