cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC dynamic receiver configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have about 20 datasources (databases). all of them use the same XI scenario. it means that on all databases the same work is done.

now there is a problem, i dont want to create 20 jdbc receiver channels for each database to handle my scenario,

is there a way to configure the jdbc receiver dynamically?

if yes, any how-to would really help me.

thanks in advance

chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i have about 20 datasources (databases).

Since you have 20 database which means they will be connected by using different user id & pwds etc..

So you have to create 20 Receiver CC to send the data to different daabase.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes exactly, different hosts, ports, usernames, passwords and tables....

this can't be the optimzed solution to create 20 CC's ...

there must be another solution with dynamic configuration..

anyone any ideas?

regards

chris

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, Dynamic configuaration is not available for Connection parameters for JDBC adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont give up

is there any workaround? any solutions to solve this problem?

regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That sounds positive

Develop an adapter module to edit the standard behaviour. But how are u planning to provide the connection data then? Through Payload? I guess u may access the payload in ur receiver module in that case.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it will be easier to create 20 CC rather creating new adapter module for your scenario. But it's up to you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Database connection paramter is the mandatory for CC channel creating an is dependent on each CC creation.

So going with the standard would be easy and your question is more valid sending same structure to different DB.

But no option as u wished.

Developing Adapter Module would be quite challening but Database ip should be produced from the Outbound Interface r any value mapping has to happen based upon some validation from Outbound Interface.

But doing all work around depends on u r interest an need intstead go for CC creation

SAP has give so i guess it would be very narrow in monitoring the CC individually in poiting out the error specific

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still some questions left..:

i have to create 20 CC for the different databases, thats clear but do i have to create also 20 receiver determinations, 20 interface determinations, 20 sender and receiver agreements or is there an easier way to create ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO easy way you have to do it one by one..

Create 20 receiver agreements & 20 Interface determinations, and if input file is common for all then you need only 1 sender agreement & 1 Receiver Determination otherwise create 20 each.

Former Member
0 Kudos

20 CC's i think

but i will search on..