cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI: Rolling back to previous version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there a way you can tag the whole workspace or a project before I release my changes? (tagging is a feature available in version control systems like RationalRose Clear Case).

This feature is important so I can go back to the version of the project that's in production and make a bug fix, uninterrupting my ongoing enhancements for the same project, that won't go to production for some time.

I know that enhancements/maintainence scenarios can be handled by creating another track for the main track and connecting them via repair connections. The problem with that is, repair connections automatically forward the bug fixes I do to my enhancements track (which I don't want).

I tried syncing to a date... feature in DTR perspective. This would give me the whole code thats in production, but unfortunately its not editable to fix my bug.

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sync to Date is currently the only option offered by the DTR.

You can only edit the active version of a resource in a workspace, because the DTR does not support branching within a workspace: There is no mechanism in place to merge an older version of a resource into the same workspace.

If you want to do this, you must make a copy of the workspace (a "maintenance" workspace) and make your changes in that workspace. You can integrate the related activity/activities into the "ongoing development" workspace afterwards, if you want to of course.

Why don't you want your bugfixes to be forwarded by the way? Those bugs are also in your enhancement tracks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pascal.

Q. Why don't you want your bugfixes to be forwarded by the way?

A. Track connections will forward the activities to my enhancement track automatically, but the developer should have an opportunity to merge the changes with the enhancement version. As long as this happens, I am fine with track connections. I haven't really tested if this works fine, if yes, my problem is solved.

Also, when you said "copy the workspace".. did u mean, "copy and create another track" ?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the merge is done automatically, if possible. If not possible a integration conflict will be raised which can be handled manually by a developer.

Copying workspaces actually refers to DTR-only developments. If you're using tracks it indeed means copying a track and setting up the appropriate track connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I am trying to Sync a DC to old date say one week back. After it is sync is complete and when i create a project from inactive it still shows the new code but not the old synced code.

Can you kindly let me know how to get the old date DC code?

Thanks,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must do it in the opposite order:

1. Create project

2. Sync to date