cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which SAP Module in R/3 can replace Peoplesoft?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

I would like to know which SAP R/3 module is best suited to be implemented in a Construction Company? This Company is already into PeopleSoft..I mean to know which SAP Module can replace peoplesoft for this construction industry...Is SAP Business One suitable for this sector?

Regards

Ashim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashim

I suppose I should read the entire message first before replying. When you talk about construction companies, it is necessary to delve deeper into what the expectations of the customer will be. What type of construction are we talking about? Project based? What time frames to construct? Number of stock codes, complexity of BOMs, transaction volumes. There is a lot to consider. Could you give more details and we can guide you better.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashim

You could have a look at Enprise Job Costing, it will give you a lot of project based functionality, such as tracking costs, estimates, resources including labour, etc. Standard SAP Business One will not cater for all your requirements and you will end up bending or breaking SAP. With the Job costing add-on, it should handle your customer.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx for your response Peter...This Construction Company is a globalised firm handling projects all over US and India...They are basically builders and are into Project Based assignments..The time frame to construct-6 months to 2 years..

Regards

Ashim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashim

This is the wrong forum to post this question, kindly repost in R/3 forum.

Kind regards

Peter Juby