Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartforms..

lijisusan_mathews
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in smartformz.. can someone tell me an appropriate method for a solution.. the requirement is as explained below.

i have the records to be printed in the correct order in an internal table which is to be passed to the smartform. but the output has to be like

-

Record 1 details

Record 2 details

eg.itab-name

eg.itab-name

-

Record 3 details

Record 4 details

eg.itab-name

eg.itab-name

-

ie.. in a single page that is printed(size A3) i need to pass 4 records.. Hw is this possible.. ? is this possible by setting windows or templates etc.. in which the records are automaticcaly taken..if yes, pls can u explain hw, coz i am fairly new in smartforms.

thnx

Edited by: Suzie on Oct 16, 2008 10:08 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to add a program line in the page node and check the records in this node.

Regards,

Tarak

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAI,

CREATE LINE TYPE(%LTYPE1) IN TABLE SUCH THAT TO HAVE 2 COLUMN..

USE THE LINE TYPE AND CREATE TABLE LINE TO DISPLAY 1ST 2 FIELDS

PUT ONE TEXT TO DRAW LINE

USE THE SAME LINE TYPE AND CREATE TABLE LINE TO DISPLAY REMAINING 2 FIELDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to add a program line in the page node and check the records in this node.

Regards,

Tarak

Former Member
0 Kudos

divide your current tablenumer (sy-tabix) by 4 and keep remainder.

define 4 templates.

have each template a condition so it is filled with data according to the content of the remainder.

so if the remainder is 1 (record 1 or record 5 or record 9 etc) the template left-top is filled.

if the remainder is 0 (record 4 or 8 or 12 etc) template right bottom is filled and after that jump to next page.

OR

change your internal table to have 4 records in each table-line

Regards,

Guido

0 Kudos

have each template a condition so it is filled with data according to the content of the remainder.

thnx for the prompt reply. But can u please explain how do i display values in templates according to condition result, and how do i skip the template elsewise?

Edited by: Suzie on Oct 16, 2008 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suzie,

you can put conditions on your templates by using condition tab of template.

first click the template .then you find one condition tab there like : fieldname comparison value.

put the name of field to print in field name and value to compare in comparison value.

also double click on box between these two to get comparison operator .

you can also put OR condition while comparing two fields.

by default if you add two fields condition is AND.

get in touch for further help.

thnks

lijisusan_mathews
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thnx all