Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit note,debit note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i am looking for

1.Difference between credit note ,debit note,credit for returns?

2.What is the difference between credit note and credit memo request & Debit note and debit memo request?

Cna any body explain me throughly with examples.

Best solutions will be rewarded.

Regards,

pavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan

Check this thread

[Re: credit memo |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for all the replys gurus.

my doubt has cleared.

Regards,

pavan.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Difference between credit note ,debit note,credit for returns?

Credit/debit note/credit for returns- as we know, these are all billing documents.

Credit note- will be issued to the customer ,if the company charges more than actual.simply company has to pay to the customer-

eg: Goods might be damanged in transporation,which cant be taken back into plant,but customer already charged for these goods. Sometimes company will deliver the same amount of goods to customer or sometimes issues the credit note for the damaged goods.

debit note:- whle doing transaction in system,user mistakenly entered less value and there is no min/max value check & its paid by the customer.Client take the notice to the customer & issues debit note,vch means-customer has to pay the balance amount to the company.

Credit for returns:-

damaged goods,rejected goods will be placed an order by the customer to take those goods back in plant.

then the goods will be coming within company,nothing company receive goods frm customer & for these goods which already settles the amount will be issued a credit note for these returned goods.

2.What is the difference between credit note and credit memo request & Debit note and debit memo request?

creating sales order to issue the credit note is -Credit memo request & doc cat -K

lly, for debit note -- debit memo req & doc cat - L

credit/debit note is billing doc - G2/L2, check in VOFA transaction

Credit /debit note req - VOV8 trans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Thankyou very much for the immediate replysfrom you.

I have understood the process of credit note and debit note,an d putting it in document flow if am i wrong please correct me.

1.Credit note:OR-LF-F2-G2-G2

Where

OR-Order type

LF-Delicery type

F2-Invoice

G2-Credit memo request

G2-Credit note

2.Debit note:OR-LF-F2-L2-L2

Where

OR-Order type

LF-Delicery type

F2-Invoice

L2-Debit memo request

L2-Debit note

3.Credit for Returns:OR-LF-F2-RE-LR-RE

Where

OR-Order type

LF-Delicery type

F2-Invoice

RE-Returns order

LR-Returns delivery

RE-Returns invoice

Regards,

pavan.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reference document isnt req'd.

u can create w/o ref also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look below for your answers:

1.Difference between credit note ,debit note,credit for returns? -- Credit note/Debit note is created with ref. to a credit memo request / debit memo request if there is a discrepancy in qty/price for your billing documents. Credit for returns means if customer is not satisfied with the product and he want to send it back then you issue him a credit note/memo.

Cna any body explain me throughly with examples. --- Credit/Debit memo request is a sales document and Credit/Debit note is a billing document.

Hope this will clear all your doubts.

Hrishi