cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to parse html for and display hyperlinks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to design a report that has a text field that contains html formatted text and includes links. These links need to be clickable in a thick client Java application I'm developing and the only way I can see in Crystal Developer to make a clickable link is to have a discrete text element with a hyperlink (set using the hyperlink tab in the element properties) for each link.

The problem I have is that there can be any number of links in the html and I need a scalable way to extract and display these links.

So far I have used formulas in Crystal Developer to parse the html and extracte the links into a fixed size array and then display each link in a separate text element. I would like to be able to have only one 'link' text element in the report design and create as many link elements as required depending on how many links are present in the html.

How is this possible? With some funky grouping voodoo maybe, or something else? Please help me achieve this.

Cheers,

Elliot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

Follow these steps, and check the output.

1.Right click on the field object and select "Format Editor".

2.Click on the "Paragraph" tab and select the "Text interpretation" as "RTF Text" or "HTML Text".

3.Click on "Ok" button.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but I have already done that and all it displays is text formatting. It ignores link tags as well as lists, table, etc.

So I'm looking for another way to make this both possible and scalable.

Answers (0)