Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in displaying currency field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We are displaying amounts in one smartform. Amount format should be as '$2,000.00'. we changed it into character variable and concatenated with the dollar symbol. Its wroking fine. But, as it is a character variable, the commas in the middle of the amount is not displaying.But we need it also....Could any body suggest me to accomplish it...

Thanks in advance,

Shyam.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

While assigning the data from a currency variable to character variable use MOVE statement.

Move l_curr to l_char_curr.

Concatenate '$' l_char_curr into l_char_curr separated by ' '.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Thanks for your answer. I folloed your suggestion, even then its not working. Once it is moved to charater variable, it is unable to display the commas..any other alternatives pls..

Thanks...

Edited by: shyam prasad on Oct 16, 2008 10:38 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam

In one of my smartforms i have used data type STRING. Can you try this out and let me know.

Regards

Edited by: Rajvansh Ravi on Oct 16, 2008 10:44 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

You have to display the $ sign separately..before the amount. Dont concatenate it.

If you are displaying it in a text field. then create another text field and put the $ sign thr.