Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we follow the sequence while upgrading to latest patch level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While applying patches in any module say HR,if my current level is SAPKE60028,Can I dirrectly download SAPKE60034

& upgrade it or should I follow the sequence?

SAPKE60028,SAPKE60029,SAPKE60030,SAPKE60031,SAPKE60032,SAPKE60033,SAPKE60034.

Regards,

Rachel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

You cannot directly upgrade from a lower level SP level to higher SP level directly for ABAP stack by skipping the ones in between.You will have to follow the sequence and it will also not let you to proceed say from SAPKE60028 to SAPKE60030 unless you have the SAPKE60029 in between.The prior level is checked as a prerequisite in order to advance to the next level.

However, for JAVA statck upgrade it is possible because in Java whatever patch level u choose it is consolidated.For instance, if you are at patch leve 12 at present and want to upgrade to level 17 then the patch level 17 is a consolidated package consisting of all the levels from 1 to 17.While upgrading it removes all the existing previous SP and deploys SP level 17 right from the beginning i.e level 1 to 17.

Thanks,

Saby..

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would follow the sequence to make sure all prerequisites are met. But hey, I'm a security consultant and this is a basis question in the wrong forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

You cannot directly upgrade from a lower level SP level to higher SP level directly for ABAP stack by skipping the ones in between.You will have to follow the sequence and it will also not let you to proceed say from SAPKE60028 to SAPKE60030 unless you have the SAPKE60029 in between.The prior level is checked as a prerequisite in order to advance to the next level.

However, for JAVA statck upgrade it is possible because in Java whatever patch level u choose it is consolidated.For instance, if you are at patch leve 12 at present and want to upgrade to level 17 then the patch level 17 is a consolidated package consisting of all the levels from 1 to 17.While upgrading it removes all the existing previous SP and deploys SP level 17 right from the beginning i.e level 1 to 17.

Thanks,

Saby..