cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm just a beginner with XI. I've got such scenario to develop. Could anyone help me ?

1. After completing production in external system I'm receving LOIPRO.LOIPRO01 message from R/3 system with status I0045. (I mean LOIPRO with status I0045 is beeing sent from external system to XI)

2. In that case I should call BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE in another R/3 system with quantity 0 and delivery flag completed.

3. To call that BAPI, IDOC sent from external system has unsufficient data (only status and process order). Because of that before BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE the BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL must be called.

Should I use BPM or I can avoid using it ?

Could anyone tell me how should Interface Mapping and Message Mapping looks like ?

I've created this Message Interfaces:

MI_GoodsMovementCreate - asynchronous

and

MI_ProcOrdDetail - should I use synchronous or not ?

I'm no so sure how to use BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL.Response in that case.

I will be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDOC sent from external system

What type of system is this? A file system or another SAP system outside ur network. Please confirm which mode of communication u require - sunc or async.

Because of that before BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE the BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL must be called.

U may use RFC lookup to avoid BPM. Make a lookup of RFC

BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL to get the unsufficient data. This lookup is made in XI mappig step.

Ur scenario will be

File/Idoc (Sender) - XI - RFC (BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE)

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> IDOC sent from external system

> What type of system is this? A file system or another SAP system outside ur network.

It is also R/3 system.

Please confirm which mode of communication u require - sunc or async.

I would prefer Sync communication.

>

> Because of that before BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE the BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL must be called.

> U may use RFC lookup to avoid BPM. Make a lookup of RFC

> BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL to get the unsufficient data. This lookup is made in XI mappig step.

Are you able to describe it in more details ?

> Ur scenario will be

> File/Idoc (Sender) - XI - RFC (BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE)

>

> Regards,

> Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u send Idoc from your sender system, then synchronous communication won't be possible without BPM. For achieving sync communication, u will either have to make an RFC call or use ABAP proxy.

Are you able to describe it in more details ?

I think u go confused with the RFC lookup thing. XI mapping step has capability to call RFC to fetch some values from it. This can be seen here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d90a91-3cf4-2a10-d189-bfd37d9c...

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)