Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Screen Requirement and doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to display 2 standard texts (SO10) in a single screen divided horizontally.

I have used the class cl_gui_easy_splitter_container for the splitting purpose of the screen. Now have to display the standard texts in the Left and right section of the screen.

How do i achieve this ? The class cl_gui_easy_splitter_container has the attributes top_left_container and bottom_right_container, but how to call the text editor in them.

Kindly help with your ideas.

Rgds,

Stck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see the example program

RSDEMO_DRAG_DROP_EDIT_TREE

in your case two are text editors.the above example shows one tree and one text editor. try to place the text editor inplace of tree.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see the example program

RSDEMO_DRAG_DROP_EDIT_TREE

in your case two are text editors.the above example shows one tree and one text editor. try to place the text editor inplace of tree.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The Demo helped in creating a text area in the screen.

How can i achieve the display of Standard Text (so10) in the areas.

I tried the methods set_text_as_r3table, set_textstream of the class CL_GUI_TEXTEDIT but does not support the standad text.

Kindly throw some ideas.

Thanks,

stck

0 Kudos

First read the standard text to internal table using the read_text

function, and then pass the table to method set_text_as_r3table .

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks a lot the method seems to work.

Now a new challenge has come up. For the Chinese Language Standard texts (so10) the text appears with gibberrish values, seems the text editor does not support it.

Otherwise the SO10 editor shows them properly.

What might be the reason, does any more thing needs to be done.

throw some ideas.

Rgds,

Stck

0 Kudos

I never tried it with chinese language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stock,

Once you go through DWDM txcode you may get your answer for all split containers.

Cheers!!