cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in consolidation: FX-280

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our BPC setup were are using multiple categories to book data on. For easy consolidation (for the end-users) I have created some logic which runs the conversion and actual consolidation for all categories marked with a specfic property. The problem is now that when a category does not contain a proper dataset the logic exits with the error show below. To create an if statement to check for data is quite difficult as all entities in the consolidation group will have to be checked... So,

1) Is there some way the logic can continue when a single conversion shows an error?

2) Which data is minimally required to make a conversion work properly, might it be a solution to create a dummy record (not preferable)?

++Executing SPRUNCONVERSIONOPE [FINANCE],[FCPART_NSP],[GM_BU_INT_PROP],[GLOBAL],[SPSCOPE_142386],[SPLOG_257606]++
++SPRunConversion Version 2.05++

++*ERROR* FX-280 Timeid=20080900 - Nothing Extract from Fact Tables++

My current logic is:

*SELECT(%CAT_SET%,"[ID]","CATEGORY","[RUN_CONSO]='P'")	

*FOR %CAT%=%CAT_SET%

//Run the currency conversion
  *RUN_STORED_PROCEDURE =  SPRUNCONVERSIONOPE([%APP%],[%CAT%],[% GROUPS_SET%],  [GLOBAL],[%SCOPETABLE%],[%LOGTABLE%])
  *commit

//Run the Consolidation
 *RUN_STORED_PROCEDURE =  SPRUNCONSO([%APP%],[%CAT%],[%GROUPS_SET%],[% SCOPETABLE%],[%logtable%])
 *commit

*NEXT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Onno,

1. You cannot force the system to continue after an error generated by an SPRUNxxx. The process will stop on the first error it encouters

2. You will need to have at least one record in the "Finance" application and at least one valid rate in the "Rate" applicaiton. A dummy record on a statistical account should do the trick.

By the way, you do not need to have a *COMMIT between your SPRUNCONVERSION and your SPRUNCONSO.

Regards,

Marcel Frey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

Thanks for your answer. I have created dummy records in all categories now for some balance account which should be included in the consolidation. The consolidation however still shows the same error message. Is there anything else I can try?

Regard,

Onno Kok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally after many hours of problem solving the issue has been resolved.

The problem was not in the fact table of finance cube, but was caused by incomplete ownerhip percentages.

So, if you get this error as well: check you ownershio data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Onno,

Can you identify which category causes the issue, by running each one manually without the *FOR loop ?

Do you use any of the following properties in your Category dimension:

- FX_SOURCE_CATEGORY

- RATE_CATEGORY

-RATE_YEAR

-RATE_PERIOD ?

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first category the consolidation executes already causes the problem. However, the next also fails.

The properties FX_SOURCE_CATEGORY, RATE_CATEGORY, RATE_YEAR, RATE_PERIOD are empty.

Edit - Extra remark:

The categories I am consolidating are non-actual categories. The actuals, for which more data is available runs properly when consolidating. The category properties are however the same. The only thing different is in the opening year and period. Might these cause problems?

Regards,

Onno Kok

Edited by: Onno Kok on Oct 16, 2008 4:29 PM

Edited by: Onno Kok on Oct 16, 2008 4:31 PM