Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem when download into .xls

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I have written one prog and this prog is downloading in to .xls and also sending a mail to the user. here the problem is when downloading in to the.xls the bank account no is downloaded as exponential form but i need to get this in normal display number can any one suggest me how to solve this issue.

example :

The bank account no is downloading like this

6.0143E+11

but i want to download it in this form

Thanks in advance for your help.

sankar.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the data type of that than u can correct that issue

0 Kudos

HI,

problem not solved

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Please Check the Data type . i thing u set it as float , make it p with decimals .

if u do not calculate anything only upload or download then better to use Char data type.

Regards,

Tarak..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue is with the Excel. In the Menu(in excel that are using for download),Under Format, You have Cells, select that and in numbering select General and say Ok.

It will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Vishwa.

0 Kudos

HI,

problem not solved.

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think better u use CHAR data type.

Actally when enter the a large number in Excel file manually evern though it will conver to 6.0143E+11 this formate so it not problem with Download FM, it is the problem with Excel Formate.

Enter the same value in Excel manually if u are getting same 6.0143E+11 then the explain the problem is in the Excel file.