cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic DS extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have created generic datasource based on FM. Have used sample FM RSAX_BIW_GET_DATA_SIMPLE to create my FM. RSA3 extraction gives proper data, but when i replicate DS and load data by creating IP, it gives me error .Error is "Caller 09 error".

Load is proper in case of other DS ... Generic DS using view and content DS.

Is there anysetting which i am missing in case of FM .. may be some import parameter.

Thanks

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Do you have a user exit on the datasource? If yes then the User exit is only called if at least one data

record is found. Could this be the problem? Please check point 7 in the note 529789.

Best Regards,

Des.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I was going through this thread looking for info regarding creating generic datasources with delta capability,

I came across a statement made which suggests that the PSA table is created only when transformations are activated and not during datasource replication.

I must defer on that. The PSA table for a datasource is created and activated during the datasource replication process. You can verify after replicating the datasource this by searching for it using SE11.

Regards

Zubin Kurian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is isn't we select transfer methor type PSA or IDOC on transfer rules ?

What happens if I select IDOC transfer type on transfer rules ,is it still generates PSA table?

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you trying to into cube or ods?

Is it delta or full?

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried that program in se38 but no success . It is full upload at this moment .. i will be doing delta functionality later ... i have not designed cube or ODS till now ... just loading till PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Just complete your modelling then load.

Means create cube or ODS and update rules then load data into targets.

Regards,

Chandu.

former_member619464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I suspect the problem is with the DS replication. Are you sure that the replication is done in BW side the generic DS? Are you able to see the DS in active state (i mean active transfer rules & comm struc)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it necessary to create cube n DSO and update rule.. i am using 7.0 flow so i can load the data till PSA in DS even without modelling .. right ??

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

When you activate transformations then only system generate PSA table.System will never generate PSA table when you replicate the datasource.

I hope it clears your doubt.

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

I did create tranformation n DTP as suggested to DSO.. but of no use ... and r u sure that PSA table is nopt generated in 7.0 flow without transformation...it was in 3.x flow ...

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, after your mapping then you activate the transformations then system generates the PSA table.

What's the error message?Did you load into PSA ?

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its the same error as before

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Please check ur reasoning that i need transformation and model befor i can load data to PSA... because i made a generic DS (on view), replicated it and created IPAK, after running i can get the data in PSA and no transformation and modelling is reqd.

Thanks

Prashant

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Execute "RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL" in SE38.

Try doing this and let us know.

Also, let us know what you see in the "details" tab in the monitor.

Rgs,

Ravikanth.