Credit mgmt- Update groups
What is the exact use of update groups ie 000012, 000015 & 000018.
Any table updation takes while creating credit management.
We also assign 000012 update group to autmatic credit control setting.
update group 000012 - open order value on time axis, delivery doc value, billing doc value
- when you create sales order, this increases order value (with sked lines relevant to delivery) in credit exposure
- creation of delivery doc decreases order value while increasing delivery doc value
- createion of billing doc decreases delivery order value while increasing billing value
- release to accounting decreases billing value and increasing FI open items
update group 000015 - open delivery and billing doc value
- like above except update is done not at sales order level but on delivery and billing docs
update group 000018 - open delivery value for sales order, billing doc value
- creation of sales order increases delivery doc value
- creation of billing reduces delivery doc value, increases billing doc value
- creation of accounting doc decreases billing value and increases FI open items
i observe that in most projects where sales transactions are delivery relevant and billing are delivery related, update 000012 is indeed used. i also noticed that orders blocked for credit do not update credit exposure.
in cases where the client wanted sales orders blocked for credit to update exposure, update 000018 was used.
hoped this helped.