cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with wait step (Invoice Parking Workflow)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a workflow for approval of FI Invoices entered through transaction FV60.

I have a wait step of 2 min. as the first step of the workflow.

I have used this wait step as I want to provide time to system to update the VBSEGS table, from which I am fetching the cost center and GL account of the line item of the invoice. This fetching of data is below the wait step.

Now, my problem is that when I change an existing document and click 'save-as-completed', the FV60 screen hangs till 2 min and hence the table VBSEGS is not updated in time. And when the data is fetched, it picks up the old value.

This problem does not occur while creating new document. But while changing the document this error occurs.

I tried to increase the time of the wait step, but the hang time of screen FV60 also increases proportionately.

Please advice.

Regards,

Ashu Arora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contacted SAp for this and they provided the solution. I had used an user exit to raise a ZEvent for change. The parameters passed through that was making the event as aynchronous. This was causing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashu, On a different note try the following.

Disable the event linkage and/or the workflow. and then run FV60. See if its hanging. Maybe the problem is somewhere else and....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I tried the same, then FV60 is working fine. Also, if i remove the wait step the transaction works fine. Its only when i add the wait step the FV60 transaction holds up till the time specified in the wait step. Please advice.

Regards,

Ashu Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is too synchronous.

Try inserting another step.. let say a 'dummy' container assignment before the wait step and then see if its still holding up the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

I inserted a container operation before wait step, but this is also not working. It is still holding up the screen.

Regards,

Ashu Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u using a Custom method to get the values, if that is the case use a "WAIT UP TO" command in that method.

or if it is a direct read from one table, hope u can easily create a custom method.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

Yes I am using a custom method to fetch the values from VBSEGS table. As you suggested, I used 'WAIT UP TO' command. But the problem is still there. The FV60 transaction keeps holding until that time.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ashu Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can make use of Change Document Concept. Try to search for the correct change document object and accordingly search the CDPOS and CDHDR table entries. I think this might help you.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

Since, your changes/actions are completed in FV60 and you are in separate LUW, use COMMIT WORK command, which will commit all the database changes of the current LUW. You use the Commit statement before your SQL select.

By this you will be having your data for retrieval and it is not necessary to wait for updating the tables.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey are sure that your workflow is not triggered for the change event also.

So it calls the same workflow and waits on the wait step and then does not processs on any condition step and gets completed.

May be we are missign to see that.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Charan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I tried using commit work. But this is also of no help. Please advice.

Regards,

Ashu Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

When I cange a document in FV60 and do 'save-as-completed'. It deletes the older instance of the workflow and starts a new one. However, as it reaches the select query, the table VBSEGS for the FI doc is not updated.

Hence, it is picking the old value from VBSEGS.

Please advice.

Regards,

Ashu Arora