cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Integration...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a question regarding the CRM 2007 / Outlook integration as regards emails.

For emails in my outlook inbox, am able to transfer it into CRM and this gets created as an activity of type email.

On the other hand, when I try to create an outgoing email from SAP CRM webclient UI, I get an error message that 'SAP CRM Application cannot access Microsoft Outlook Application was Stopped'. Can you tell me why this happens?

Also for me to See the outgoing Emails created in SAP CRM in MS Outlook sent items view, should CRM server be connected to Outlook server? Is there any other additional configuration required?

Any inputs appreciated...

Regards,

Jayanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayanthi

i am not able to send my inbox activities to CRM system it gives me error :

SAP soloution cannot access microsoft outlook application was stoped

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

check whether active X settings are properly applied for the current site / zone. Check notes 963408 and 962341.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess if you configure SMTP, then you can send mails from SAP CRM and even you can see mails in Sent Items immediately.

Hope this helps your cause.

Regards,

Mohan

former_member198218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP CRM E-Mail Integration needs CDO to work well with MS Outlook. Until OL 2003 CDO is part of the installation. For OL 2007 there are two packs available to allow installing CDO ontop of Outlook.

Please check this link for details on the CDO without MAPI subsystem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2714320D-C997-4DE1-986F-24F081725D36&displa...

When sending emails from CRM it tries to put a copy if it into the "sent items" of the local Outlook. This is done using the local OL API over JavaScript. The error you have seen can be related to CDO (for OL2007) or a wrong groupware client definition under the SPRO customizing. So it does send the e-mail via the SMTP gateway in the SAP CRM Server but fails to place the copy to your OL Client. Please check this in customizing.

best regards

martin

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you use Outlook 2007, there is an additional software that needs to be installed from Microsoft' website. This is called CDO -> search for this in Google and be sure to install the latest version, then it should work.

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

That was really quick

Am using Outlook 2003. Does this still need an additional S/W installation? Also to reconfirm, with this will CRM outgoing emails be integrated with Outlook Sent items?

Thanks again for your quick response...

Regards,

Jayanthi.

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For 2003, i don't know, maybe yes but normally I think CDO was still integrated with version 2003 -> you must check (maybe on OSS you'll find usefull info !).

Regarding the sent items, I don't know.

Regards,

Xavier