Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Process And EDI Idocs Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,,

Good Day To You All !!!!

Please enhance my knowledge with your valuable reply.

I am new to ABAP and would like to learn the following .

1. Sales process - Starting from the Purchase Order Till shipment is created (All TCodes and the definations of the terms used like procurement , scheduled line,handling unit and all those terms coming into picture till the Sales process comes to an end).

2 . Idocs - Transaction Codes,Definations Of Terms like message types , basic types etc, etc,

I need the above information to get a clear picture of the process taking below.

What if an interface exists between SAP and a Non-SAP system(say Siebel system ) .The customer being the Non-SAP system and the Vendor our SAP system . Then the flow of the sales process taking place , with the PO coming from the Non-SAP system through inbound idoc and immediate ATP date going from SAP through the outbound Idoc..the process continues with the creation of delivery then shipment.Each of these triggering their respective idocs .

And the idocs update the corresponding status in Siebel .

I hope you guys would have understood by now , as to why i need the information on Sales Process and Idocs.

Thanks.

With regards,

Learner .

Edited by: SAP Technical Consultant on Oct 16, 2008 9:08 AM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

use message type

SHIPMENT_CREATEFROMDATA

basic type

SHIPMENT_CREATEFROMDATA01

tcode is VL01N

for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d5/2285347860ea35e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your informative reply.

But i need the complete sales process information . Which i believe starts from PO till Shipment .

The link on Shipment given by you is really inforamtive .

I would be glad if you could provide me some links on VA02 and VL01N (i,e order change and delivery creation)

Thanks once again.

Cheers ,,

Learner.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Here are the inputs from my end.

Order Change

-

1. Use the Message Type ORDCHG for Sales Order and use the Posting Program IDOC_INPUT_ORDCHG. IDoc Type being ORDERS05 for Posting Sales Order Changes for VA02.

Delivery Creation

-

1. Use the Message Type DELVRY for Delivery & Selection Program IDOC_OUTPUT_DELVRY. IDoc Type being DELVRY05 for Sending Outbound Delivery IDoc when any Delivery is Created & Saved in VL01N.

Hope it was helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

Can you please elaborate .

Regards,

Learner.

0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to Set up an Inbound Process for Sales Order Changes, all you have to do is

1. Maintain the Partner Profiles for the Inbound Message Type & Process Code in WE20.

2. The Assignment for Function Module IDOC_INPUT_ORDCHG is already available in WE42 Transaction for the Process Code ORDC. So, you don't have to worry about setting up the Process Code.

3. Take a Sample IDoc of Type ORDCHG Message Type in WE19 and try posting it for the Given Sales Order. If you would like to know more about what it does, Post it using Debugging Mode.

The above Process is for Sales Order Changes via Inbound IDoc. Below are the Steps for the Outbound Delivery IDoc Trigger.

1. The Process Code DELV already has the Selection Program IDOC_OUTPUT_DELVRY in Transaction WE41. So, you dont have to worry about Setting Up the Process Code.

2. Also, check your field list. Open the IDoc Type DELVRY05 in the Transaction WE60 which is for IDoc Documentation. Check if all the Fields mentioned in your the list that you want to send are available in the Standard IDoc Type. If not, create a Custom Segment in WE31 & Assign the Custom Segment at an appropriate place in the Extended IDoc Type in WE30.

All the Standard Segments / Fields available in the DELVRY05 IDoc Type will be automatically be populated by the Standard Selection Program IDOC_OUTPUT_DELVRY. However, if you have an IDoc Extension and would like to populate the Custom Segment / Fields, then you'll have to use the Customer Exit EXIT_SAPLV56K_002 in which you can write Code for populating the Custom Segments / Fields.

3. The Most important Thing that we need to take care of is Message Control Configuration while handling the Outbound EDI Scenario.

4. You need to Set up the Output Type for the Delivery Application (V2) for which you need to maintain Condition Records so that the Output Type is proposed automatically when the Delivery is being Saved.

5. In general, the Message Control Configuration is done by the Functional Team. So, ask your Functional Consultant to set up the Message Control Configuration for the Delivery IDoc Trigger.

Hope it was clear enough.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri