Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

while making initial setting for RG! in SE16 Table Name J_2IRG1BAL

fields MATNR -whether all material need to be entered here or no need to eneter material

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to maintain atleast few material. Even if some material are maintained, other materials are by default taken care by the system in next update.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am sorry but as we have seen the table doesnt get updated automatically for any material unless updated the J_2IRG1BAL table.Please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Rgds,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should update ideally, as it is possible that new products are added from time to time and some stock position during initial upload may be '0'. In my implementation experience, I have seen it getting updated.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the materials for which you need to maintain RG1 are to be entered in the table.

You can refer OSS note no 951955 for more clarifications on RG1 register.

Rgds,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Both,

thx for replyin.

1 .this updation in table is it a one time activity or need to be done everytime if som how often.

2, As you said for every manterial need to be enter in this table - what if every day company is creating new material code.

if any other relevant oss note pl tell them also

pl suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is one time activity for a material, whereas if new material(relevant for RG1 updation) are getting created then this table needs to be updated for that material.

Generally the new material masters will not get created for RG1 material but if that is the case then yes table needs to be updated.

Rgds,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI antima,

in rg1 table wat is the idea behind FORM P Packed/L Loose

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The table updation is one time activity only and I have a second opinion over Antimas's comments "Generally the new material masters will not get created for RG1 material but if that is the case then yes table needs to be updated".

If I am correct, it is enough, whenever you create new material and you maintain in J1ID ; Material and Chapter ID combination where if you maintain approriate Material Type, it will automatically update the respective registers.

Also, when you do for first time, the table is J_1IRG1BAL whereas you have indicated J_2IRG1BAL

Check these threads for more details

[updation of cin related registers at the time of cut over |]

[RG1 register not getting updated automatically |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathi,

thx for replyin.

1. but in se16 if i enter table J_1IRG1BAL geting message

Table J_1IRG1BAL is not active in the Dictionary

where as J_2IRG1BAL it accepts.

2. regarding new material creation.

is it enough that we maintain in j1id material-mat type rg1, does it update automatically,

without us updating in table J_2IRG1BAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to enter all the materials for which rg1 register has to be updated.

regards

sudhakar