cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Recognition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, The data I am connecting to has the dates in the format DDMmmYYYY, i.e. 16Oct2008. Crystal is not recognizing this as a date. On the options menu under date the style selected is System Default Long Format and displays the sample as 01Mar1999. On field explorer the dates are recognized as string 255. How can I get Crystal to recognize these as dates? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can write a function to convert this within crystal to date or datetime. Is this passed as a parameter to Crystal?

Regards

Dotun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, It is not a parameter. Just a field on a database. All the date fields are like this. I think I should be able to make Crystal recognize them as date fields without writing a formula. I would not want to write a formula for every date field in the database or even have to apply anything each time I use a date. Regards, Kathleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A solution is to convert within the database for crystal to see in the right format. I just did this on MSSQL

Select convert(VARCHAR,datefield,120)

However, there may be some other solutions but I have used this before and it worked.

Regards

Dotun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I am really looking for a way to make Crystal aotuomatically recognize a field as a date field when it is a date field and in a defined date format.

Answers (0)