cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPgui reinstallation 640 with BI Add-on (due to upgrade to Bi 7.0 )

heike_nykiel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are currently upgrading from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0. Due to this we have to reinstall the SAPgui, this time with the feature "BI Add-On" ticked.

We had no problem with most of the clients where this reinstallation was performed.

But on very few clients we get the following error message after SAPgui reinstallation when the Analyzer (= the BI 7.0 successor of the BEx) is called:

BExAddin

Error: External component has thrown an exception.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack)

at com.sap.bi.et.analyzer.addin.BExConnect.get_AddinInstalled()

at com.sap.bi.et.analyzer.addin.BExConnect.SetExcel(Object iExcel)

This error message does not help me very much because it is extremely unspecific...

I hope somebody can help me

Regards

Heike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

heike_nykiel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Solved.

Problem was caused by local firewall on the notebook where the SAPGui should be reinstalled.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please explain me how you resolved it ? Firewall settings looks ok in my system.

Error Displayed are:

Error: CriticalProgramError

at com.sap.bi.et.analyzer.addin.BExConnect.get_AddinInstalled()

at com.sap.bi.et.analyzer.addin.BExConnect.SetExcel(Object iExcel)

Thanks,

Praveen

heike_nykiel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Our problem back in 2008 was caused by the local firewall on the client (notebook).

Our desktop support reconfigured the firewall on the notebook and the BEx Analyzer worked without any error.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Heike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

But this time I have to  go with removing few extra excel add-ins and the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Praveen