cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRPO Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was trying to add grpo based on purchase order with freight amount. I was getting the following error

Inventory account is not defined (Goods Receipt PO - Rows - Warehouse Code)[line: 1], '1C2400359' [Message 173-77]

Here G/L determination is done through Item groups and the valuation method is FIFO I have defined Inventoy account and neccessary g/l account for this group.

Why I am getting this error

Any inputs

Regards

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto Administration->Setup ->Inventory ->Item Groups and select the Item Group.

Now goto the 'Accounting Tab' and check if you have set the 'Inventory Account'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have set the inventory G/L account. I have not given Expense account, variance account and goods clearing account & Expense clearing account

Is there any thing to do with freight?

Regards

shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Freight will post to Expense account. You have to set them all.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you r right but How to setup freight?

Can you give me example and what would be the journal entry if freight is there?

Regards

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only have A version. If you find it is different from you, checking your online help.

Freight can be set up under Admunistration - General - Freight - Feight Setup. You just need to create different names for your freights or related expense and select Revenue and Expense Accounts.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shashi,

There can be some clear indicators for where to look since you have given some valuable information.

If I look at the error message you pasted, I have the following question

Inventory account is not defined (Goods Receipt PO - Rows - Warehouse Code)line: 1, '1C2400359' Message 173-77

Is 1C2400359 a Item on the GRPO...If so please check the Inventory data tab of this Item and check if the G/L is set by Item Group or Warehouse or Item level.

If it is by Warehouse then you may need to fix it to the right item group. Might be this is where the problem is..otherwise..

Please make sure that all G/L accounts are defined in the Item Group the particular item belongs to.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudha,

Problem got sorted out. the problem is I have not defined expense clearing account for that group.

But What I dont understand is freight should be paid to different vendor how to map this in B1

Regards

Shashi

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to roll the freight cost into the Item cost and be able to pay another vendor you could use the landed cost module which will let you select mutiple vendors and process the necessary transactions.

Please explain how you would like to handle this in your business scenario and I shall be glad to explain the options

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudha,

I have not setup landed cost and customs group yet. As I have no Idea how to set that.

Here scenario is. frieght is charged to different vendor based on quantiy and cost will add to inventory.

I have just seen customs groups and landed cost setup.

But I am not aware how to set these things.

Can u guide me in setting up customs groups and landed cost.

What is landed costs alloc. Account, customs allocation account and customs expense account.

Thanks

Shashi

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are detailed document expaining the whole setup and process..Please get started with this SAP note

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1086559

You can find PDF document and recorded webex session in the service market place

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001500682008E

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for sending me the link but I am not able to access that site. I dont have enough permissions to access that. Is there any other link?

Regards

Shashi

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are working for a partner please contact your manager. I have given you one more link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya

the second link is working. I will go through it and I will let u know if any issues

Thankyou

Shashi

Answers (0)