cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change material code

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have created the material code with internal no. range. but no wi want to change the no of the already created material code to new one

tell me how to do that if it is possible

or else tell me the best possible way out

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Is it the material type that u r talking off?

If u have already created a material for a particular material type then u cannot delete it permanently.You can flag it for deletion.

Permanent deletions can be done by MMDE but which is not advisable.

If u want to change from the internal no range to external no range then pls uncheck the box in MMNR and select the desired external no range for the said material type.

If you want to change the existing material type to a different material type then you may go to MMAN and the said material type can be changed.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Prasanna.

Award pls if helpful

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you were told in SAP it is not possible to change the number (ID) of material master.

You can download the data of the already created material masters and create them again with LSMW. The old numbers can be marked for deletion and then archived.

If you have stocks, transactional data, the process might be more sophisticated...(eliminate, recreate stocks, delete transactional data, etc)

Regards,

Csaba

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is Not Possible to Change Material Number Once Created.

Why you want to change the Material Number Instead You Can Block it For Further Postings and Can create New Material Record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a new material code as per ur desire.if u want it to make external,then assign external number range with it and change the status of the previous number range in mmnr.in the new material code keep all the internal characteristic same as the old mmr i.e. base unit of measure etc.then do material to material transfer if there is any stock in the old mmr.

after that u can delete the old mmr thru mm06

regards,

indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you have not inwarded any goods receipt in that.

Please try you can change the material no in Debug mode in

the table thro the program

G.Ganesh Kumar

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I don't think its possible to changed the assigned number for the material the material number range...

I hope i understand your question....

If anything else revert back...

Number range is assigned at MMNR....

in MMNR you can change the "from no." , " to no.", current number" etc....but please ensure that you don't have to make changes in the already existing materials...

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Edited by: Priyanka Paltanwale on Oct 16, 2008 7:16 AM