Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CK11n Cost component split costed with the value of Zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap gurus,

Error on CK11,

our scenario is we create material first then will create a BOM for the main material and will do the cost estimate in CK11n. Usually the total value in (Ck11n)nstandard cost estimate will be coming from sub materials accounting view MM03. Now user has created the free of charge sub material, since the sub material is free of charge no value is updating in the CK11N cost estimate. It is showing the error "Cost component split costed with the value of Zero". Please advice how to sort out this issue.

Thanks

Edie

Edited by: Edie Edie on Oct 16, 2008 7:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks its answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Cost Component Split with a value of Zero" This could be that this material is a "Make" but has no routing for it.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Edie

On your comments

"since the sub material is free of charge no value is updating in the CK11N cost estimate",

I would like to clarify that free of charge involves sales price and CK11N involves product cost that would be incurred to produce that component. I think you are confused

Nevertheless, value should not be zero for the component cost once you run cost estimate.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

You are right that CK11n computes production cost. But is there any way we can calculate as 0 as total value.

Cheers

Edie

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Edie

Some of the areas where you need to check are

- Go to OKKN, select your Costing Variant and execute. There again, click on "Assignments" tab and see whether you have activated "Cost Comp. Split in Contr.Area Currency".

- Go to OKTZ and see whether the Cost Component Structures are activated

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lakshmi pathy,

i have checked both the transactions every thing is proper, i would like to check with u whether CK11n allows to process with total value as 0

cheers

edie