cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed: Editing styles of web page composer forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are trying to create pages and would want to have specific colors for the borders of each element (content /container header) but is not able to do so. Any tips on how to do this?

We would also like to to try to create double header objects without needing to add two elements / containers is there a way to do this as well?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien thanks for your update. Was also wondering, does creating a new theme create a new CSS?

Also how can we go about with creating new containers?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was also wondering, does creating a new theme create a new CSS?

no, it is always using "content.css". One thing to know, not very obvious, is that if you create other css file, whatever their names, you will be used, as far as they are in the same folder as content.css. No need to reference their use.

It is quite important to know that, because you do not modify the standard content.css, so you take less risk and if an upgrade is done you do not loose everyting you made in.

Also how can we go about with creating new containers?

you have to go to System Admin, System config, KM, Editor, Containers. Not very very sure of not missing a path, do not hesitate if you do not find it, I ll check on a system.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien, just wanna clear something regarding your answer to my question. I have found the css files in the directory you have given me (and there are actually three, designtime, runtime and contentconfig) and I also found several files of css under each directory. Does this mean that all of the css dfiels are used by the system?

Note: i am not able to use firefox in my local desktop so I am not able to check using firebug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

only the CSS in the runtime directory should be of importance for you.

As alternative to firebug you could use the Microsoft IE Developer Toolbar for Internet Explorer. This tool provides a similar functionality like the Firebug for Firefox.

Otherwise you will have to have a look at the source code itself.

Regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Marcus. I would like to clarify one thing though, do we create a new file or can we edit the file directly?

Would it have any problems when we edit the files themselves?

If we create new files how would we add or redirect the objects to get the new CSS instead of the old one?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said, if you create other css file, whatever their names, you will be used, as far as they are in the same folder as content.css.

No need to reference their use.

It is quite important to know that, because you do not modify the standard content.css, so you take less risk and if an upgrade is done you do not loose everyting you made in.

Fabien.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien, Are you referring to the System Administration > System Configuration> KM> Content Management > Web Page Composer > Containers to edit the containers?

I can only see that we can edit them by adding mime types and web contents but I am wondering if we can add additional paramters especially for iviews like having a personalization box, iview title showing in the pages created etc.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

the creation of new page layouts is described in the [sap help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/d2970be57f4ebbe10000000a11466f/content.htm].

But i don't know if you can add personalization links or something like that.

Best Regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien, Are you referring to the System Administration > System Configuration> KM> Content Management > Web Page Composer > Containers to edit the containers?

Yes !

I am wondering if we can add additional paramters especially for iviews like having a personalization box, iview title showing in the pages created etc.

To add iviews to containers :

System Admin, System Config, Content Management, Repository Managers, look for "pcdrepository" parameters, and enter the prefix (ex : /pcd), tick the "active" box and the PCD root identifier (ex : "pcd:" to start at the root of the pcd).

Save, and check if you can add iviews to containers. It says you have to make a restart, I don't know if it is true or not.

Also check containers if you have to add iviews to types allowed to adding.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Guys, Thanks for the help. I have already made the tray icon show the proper colors I need based on the CSS though my problem are the following:

1.) The personalization box returns an error when I click on it.

2.) I cannot edit the name of the specific container for it to automatically show the name of the iview. I know one can change this in the creating the containers and specify the exact name but this would be too tedious to do.

I read somewhere that you are not allowed to set parameters when using web page composer for iview does both situations above fall under the parameters limit?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry guys, I would also like to ask where I can edit the styles used in the Link list like the background of the font and the type of font used.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you can try to modifiy the content.css located in KM under /etc/wpceditor/css/runtime/content.css

to know which anchor are defined for your web page composer you can use the firefox plugins called "fire bug".

Fabien.