cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Does anyone know how can we set up date format in DataManager?

At present its MM/DD/YYYY..

Whenever we put any date in field we can put it in DD MM YYYY format but when we save it it comes as MM DD YYYY..

How can we change this ..Any clues??

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Data Manager has only one date format which is MM/DD/YYYY and there are no configurations available to change it. Import manager supports different configurations because we can import data from multiple different systems and it is not necessary that all the systems use same Date format thats why it allows you to change the format at the time of importing but after importing it will neutralize the dates to format MM/DD/YYYY i.e. the default one.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh,

Query sorted .. Cheers

Points awarded...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever we put any date in field we can put it in DD MM YYYY format but when we save it it comes as MM DD YYYY..

You can change the format in Import manager configuration Option in Menu bar.Change the parameter Date format to DD.MM.YYYY

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

MDM supports 3 Dates formats they are:

- YYYYMMDD

- MM/DD/YYYY

- DD.MM.YYYY

The default being mm/dd/yyyy for any literal date .So if you want to change the default format to any other format ,you need to do the changes in Import Manager Configuartion Options:

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

When you say MDM supports format..Where does it support????? ..I think it supports only while importing ..

My requirement was I want to display date format in Datamanger in DD.MM.YYYY.

Even though you import date in DD.MM.YYYY format its still displays it in MM/DD/YYYY in dtatmanger..

What you are saying is during Import and not in ADta Manager..

Hope i have not confused!!

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

The default date format in MDM is mm/dd/yyyy.However you can convert the same in import manager at the time of value mapping.

A work around would be you can take the data type as text rather than date.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

Thank for your reply..I tried that but thats only for/while importing records ..

but when records come and sit in data manger they get converted toDD.MM.YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY format..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Try changing the comfiguration option date format in the import manager.

The default is mm/dd/yyyy.

Change it to dd/mm/yyyy.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Minaz but Import manger only has DD.MM.YYYY format and we cant put it as DD/MM/YYYY.