cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A challenging issue in asset accounting..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have done an asset transfer for company code SP04 with transaction ABUMN in FI-AA module.For some reason SAP

still posted a "value adjustment" depreciation for the old, deactivated assets. The amounts were minimal, but we need to find out why SAP did this posting.

The old assets were asset numbers 850 000 309, 850 000 310 and 850 000 311. These assets were capitalized 31.08.2008 from investment orders.Then values were transferred to new assets and the mentioned assets were deactivated. For some reason SAP still posted a small value adjustment in period 8. That should not happen, especially because the depreciation start date for those assets was 01.09.2008.

Requesting you to share your knowledge with me.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

Debasish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

What is the value date you have entered when transferring the assets?

Is it 01.09.2008?

If so, the system may have calculated depn. for 31.08.08 (one day) on the old assets.

Regards,

Inoka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inoka,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. The value date I've entered for transferring the asset is 01-09-2008, you're perfectly rite.

So, are you sure that the small amount is nothing but the depreciation value for the date 31-08-2008 (only for 1 day)?

But I've deactivated the assets, Then where depreciation calculation comes into existence?? The amount

is also not so big, its 0.29EURO.

Please have a look into this matter, OK, am agree with your reason, but why system will calculate depreciation after deactivation of assets then?

Regards,

Debasish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you have deactivated an asset in august it is still possible to have depreciation the next months! Like the one day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Paul, Thats what I'm asking.. Say, Depreciation for one day or 2 day, how the system will calculate depreciation after the deactivation of the asset. I think depreciation is not coming into existence. Definitely something is there, but we're unable to find.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi The asset value date is the most inportant field. This give in your case 1 day difference.

In the depreciation key you can say if the depreciation is base on days.

Insome cases you have a depreciation with a period control key that say that the depreciation stops on the end of the year. In that case you have depreciation the next month.

Paul