cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization converting PR to PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Buyer A is allowed to display PR for purchasing group P1 and Q1. During PR conversion to PO, he should allowed to process for PR with purchasing group Q1 only.

Is there any solution for this scenarios since in current design those authorized to display P1 and Q1, the buyer is also able to convert to PO for both PR. We want to control.

Pls help

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for the User Maintain the Autorization of Purchasing Group Q1

Maintain the role for the Transaction ME59 for authorization object

M_BEST_EKG- Purchasing Group in Purchase Order Check

Please get in touch with BASIS security for maintaining the role.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is related to authorisation ,if you get message : "No authorisation to TCode."Run SU53 TCode and send the screen shot of SU53 to Basis Team. They will give authorisation to TCode in Roles for the User.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There won't be any system issues (performance / time taken).

Only effort is creating & updating the Z table.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EVO may not help because

"This Specifies a default value for a field for the parameter. The value is only valid for the current user.

If you specify a value for the parameter, this value is always defaulted when the user displays the field.

*If the user enters a new value in the field, the new value is only kept during the session. For the value held in the user master record to come into effect again, save the parameter. "*This means you can overwrite the defaulted value.

You can ask your ABAPer to check out some user exit (at the time of saving Purchase Order, ME21N) which will compare the Purchasing Group. If the value is equal to allowed Purchasing Group, then system will save PO. If not then system will shwo error message.

I think you need to maintain Z table which the user exit will compare before saving a PO.

Please check this and let me know if it worked?

Let me know, if you find out solution without Z development.

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand, that last option that currently I have. It looks standard SAP authorization that those authorize to display PR will able to convert to PO.

I'm quite worry using BADI because PR purchasing group at item level. I need to loop each item of PR to check the purch. group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove PO creation Authorization( ME21N) for Purchase group P1..

In the PO Creation Role, Under Purchase Group Choose only Q1 ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already tested that but it not work. I set in PO creation role for buyer A1 is only purch group Q1. But when he adopt PR from purch. group P1, system will prompt error in ME21N. Then he change the pruch. group to Q1 and can save. I dont want the buyer to process PR under purch. group P1 at all but he can view only.

Pls help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Parameter Id EVO you can tackle this problem. InEVO you select which ever is use full and assign this Parameter Id to the user Under that perticular Pur grp Q1.

Regards

M P D Kamath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I need to maintain the parameter ID. Is it SU3...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yah, in SU3 - Parameters

Hope it helps

Kuber.k

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Set up your release procedure one for each...make release groups....and release prerequisities for one only...ie. make authorised personA1 for pgroup P1 ..and so on...

This could solve it....pls check...

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think my problem is related to release procedure. Pls read carefully