cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i need ur valuable suggestions to define a material for service, scenario is we repair the parts and send the parts back to customer. we need to charge customer even for stripping the parts and if customer is ok with repair we would repair and invoice them. i need to know how we have to define materials for this scenario, sd guys told that item category should be dien. and i need ur suggestions for rest of fields like how availability check and mrp types have to be defined. thank you in advance gurus.

regards,

chakri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

what ur talking of scenario is we repair the parts and send the parts back to customer is a jobwork scenario

what u can do is maintain a material with UNBW or DEIN with quantity update only (nonvaluated)

then follow following process

Job work

1. Define your customer materials (both component and finished product) as non valuated material, because these materials not effecting the our inventory.

2. create Bom for finished product.

3. Create sales order for service charges with reference to your customer PO.

4. Receive the component from your customer through 501 E (with out po sales order specific).

5. Create Production order with reference to sales order through MRP or manual.

6. confirm the production order and receive the

finished product.

7. Delivery to customer as in normal sales process.

8. Then create performa invoice or billing to your customer.

Please maintain the customer excise challanas manually or you can develop z development for tracking purpose

hope it help

regards

kunal

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I suggest you to use the make the material with the material type DIEN...when you create it..the material is meant to be procured for the services..

Now after this you can use the subcontracting process for sending it the semifinished material and getting back the finished material from the vendor....

Here its better to not to use MRP because to don't require to send the material or part to vendor in the cycle..or regularly...

So, its better to not to use MRP...

For subcontracting process you can search for N number of threads via " Repair of the Part" search criterion...

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P