cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UoM for Key Figure

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

I recently have a lot of UoM problem encountered, hope you can help.

I am confused between the Unit 0PROC_UNIT (Unit for Processing Time) and 0BASE_UOM (Base Unit of Measure).

What is the difference between these two Units? Which one should we used? What is the impact of it?

Example, in Key Figure 0OPR_ACTWRK (Actual Work for Operation) has 0PROC_UNIT assigned in the Unit/Currency field.

If I now create a custom Key Figure z0OPR_ACTWRK, can I choose to use 0BASE_UOM instead?

What is the Fixed Unit of Meas field use for?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

awesome!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lynn! If i answered ur ques i assume u can aasign more points In any case let me know if it worked for ur conversion?

Regards,

Rathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

UOM of 0OPR_ACTWRK is 0PROC_UNIT means the value will be stored in the 0OPR_ACTWRK column and the unit of that value will be store in the 0PROC_UNIT column.

> If I now create a custom Key Figure z0OPR_ACTWRK, can I choose to use 0BASE_UOM instead? - Yes u can

Fixed unit of measure means u fix the unit as a constant which cant change, as something like KG(kilograms) or USD(US dollar)..etc...

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rathy

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

No, I am confused between the use of Unit 0PROC_UNIT (Unit for Processing Time) and 0BASE_UOM (Base Unit of Measure).

What is the difference between these two Units? Which one should we used? What is the impact of it?

Fixed UoM:

So if I put to use KG as Fixed UoM, does it mean system will convert the incoming UoM (can be Gram, etc) into KG all the time?

Example, I have 1000 Gram loaded into cube for this InfoObject, because I used KG as Fixed UoM, so I have 1 KG appear in my cube?

Edited by: lynn on Oct 16, 2008 8:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> No, I am confused between the use of Unit 0PROC_UNIT (Unit for Processing Time) and 0BASE_UOM (Base Unit of Measure).

> What is the difference between these two Units? Which one should we used? What is the impact of it?

>

> Fixed UoM:

> So if I put to use KG as Fixed UoM, does it mean system will convert the incoming UoM (can be Gram, etc) into KG all the time?

> Example, I have 1000 Gram loaded into cube for this InfoObject, because I used KG as Fixed UoM, so I have 1 KG appear in my cube?

>

> Edited by: lynn on Oct 16, 2008 8:35 AM

Hi Lynn,

There is no difference.Both are referencing 0UNIT. You can use any of them.

Regarding fixed UoM u are correct.The unit to that key figure is fixed at 'KG' and will always show as KG irrespective of whatever unit you load.

If u have a key figure 'ZQUANTITY' with fixed UoM 'KG', u can only map the key figure value as the unit part u have already defined to be 'KG'.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Rathy

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rathy, point assigned!

I have recently encountered a big problem with UoM conversion in BI, seeking the Gurus from worldwide to help resolve/provide some solution but haven't got the answer, unfortunately.

I know this can be difficult to achieve (not possible in BW?), but hope that you can have a look in the UoM Conversion question I posted.

thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

Good to know it helped. i have replied to ur UoM conversion thread. See if it helps.

Regards,

Rathy