Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Incorrect order of segments !

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to transfer the Customer Master from SAP to a Thrid Party sytem using IDocs, with the idoc type DEBMAS06 and the message type DEBMAS. But for some coustomers the IDoc ends up with the error 26 [ EDI: Syntax error in IDoc (segment cannot be identified) ] . The error in that being the order or hierarchy of the segments inside the IDoc.

For all the customer masters which end up with error the IDoc segments come in a sequential order and not in a Hierarchy as definfed by the Syntax of the basic type. Tried checking the outbound program which is the standard tcode BD12. There seems to be some problem with the ordering of segements. Any solution for the problem ?

Regards,

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using any extension..? any exit implementation, check there is any custom code inside the exits.if the segments appended in incorrect order then you will get that error.

i fell the error is because of some custom code.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using any extension..? any exit implementation, check there is any custom code inside the exits.if the segments appended in incorrect order then you will get that error.

i fell the error is because of some custom code.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You are right, there is an extention to the idoc and is being updated through and exit. I was just debugging it and found out that the segments were being updated in a faulty way. Am currently on that for correction, thanks anyway.

Regards,

Chaitanya

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem was due to improper logic written while updating the extension of the basic idoc.