cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display title for the different reports combined using WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have combined 3 reports into one template using WAD .I need to show the title of the each reports.My template does not have any other options like standard template.It is just a combination of 3 reports and displayed in same page.

Please let me know how to add the title before each of the 3 reports .

Thanks for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, i simply add a text (web item) ahead of the query. You can find it at "miscellaneous" in web item.

Or you can write a short piece of HTML instead of that. They are same.

And you can also add title in your webitem. you can find it in "Web item parameters"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal/Brian,

Thanks for your answers. It solved my problem. I used the

option 'Tray' as vishal mentioned.

Sorry. I have one more question, When I use copy of the 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN to combine all these 3 reports ,I am not getting the expected result.My final output should contain only one Row and all the values should be displayed in Columns. I need to hide the rows of the other 2 reports.

But when I use 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN Template,all 3 reports are coming one by one, not in the same columns. I tried to change the web item parameters of Table container ,but I'm not getting any scrollbar to increase the page . But when I use cusotmized template, I am getting the scrollbar.

Is there any particular settings needed to increase the page size ?

Thanks again.

Thanks& Regarads,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, pls do not make any changes to 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN. You can copy it and use it. I guess you are doing that.

For your Analysis Item, there is a property under Paging, Use Scroll bars. It is set Automatic by default. So i dont think there should be anything thats stopping the Scroll Bars to appear, unless it has been deactivated. Check that.

For your problem, ie. showing the result of one Report and hding the others, do you mean that you want to show only the 1st report ? Then in the properties of the other 2 Analysis items, set them as HIDDEN(HIDDEN). This means they are temporarily hidden. Or are you looking for something else? Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Yes. I am using the copy of the 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN template. My issue is, I want to show all 3 reports in the same page .All 3 reports are having same rows .So I used one Row Header from one of the 3 reports and have hidden the other 2 reports headers (only the row header ,i do not want to hide the coulmns) .So that I can able to see all 3 reports sharing the same rows .

But when I use the standard template, all 3 reports coming one by one (first report with row header and the other 2 reports without row header below to that) .But it should appear in side by side.Also I have checked the scrollbar option and it is automatic.

Please let me know if you need any more clarifications,

Thanks for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja

Edited by: Raja Subramanian on Oct 16, 2008 6:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want the reports to appear side by side. Well in your Template (which ever you are using), decrease the size of the analysis items and place all the 3 in the same line.

Better option is have a table, 1 row and 3 columns. In each cell plave one analysis item. Just try this.

There is Table in the Menu Bar. Insert a table from there.

Hope it helps.

Edited by: Vishal Sanghvi on Oct 16, 2008 6:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal.I tried that option and it is working now.

Lastly, I need to know one more thing .Is it possible to add the values from 2 different queries .For example I have Value A in Query A and Value B in Query B .Now I need to find A + B in the same template . I guess there will not be any option in WAD. But is there any other options available ?

Please let me know if there is any.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is kind of complicated. Firstly, the 2 queries that you have (A & B), are they on the same multiprovider ? If yes, then create a new query with the fields that you want and then create a key figure with the reqd. fields.

If not, then this can be done only if the cubes are under the same multiprovider and have key fields in common.Add the base cubes in a multiprovider and then query on the required fields. Use a formula in the query and add those 2 fields.

Im not sure if that helps you out, but i can think of only this.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

For your first question the answer is Yes.I have created the queries from Same MultiProvider.But it is a P&L Report,it has lot of selections and cell defintions.So I am not able to create another report with the same selections again,it takes lot of time and effort.I am trying to convert into global strucutures to get the values and still working on that.Meanwhile I just wanted to know is there any other possiblities to add the figures,so that I can use without any additional effort.

Kindly do update me if you find something.

Thanks for your time .

Thanks & Regards,

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added one more question in this thread

Edited by: Raja Subramanian on Oct 16, 2008 5:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that by Reports you mean to say a Analysis or Table item.. Item to which your query is linked..

You can always have the Analysis or the Table item with a Tray. ie. You can enter a name for the report in the Tray. You will find the Tray in the Properties of the Web Item. Its mainly used just for this naming.

Or, you can have a Text Web Item corresponding to each of your reports. 3 Report 3 Text items. Text item is found in the Standard Tab in WAD 3.5 or under Misc. Tab in WAD 7.

Bind the Text Element to the respective Reports and give it a name. Place the Text item above the report in the template.

Hope this helps.