cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of changing XI 3.0 System Timezone

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently analysing the impact of a change of an XI server's timezone from local time (Melbourne Australia GMT10 and 11 for Daylight saving time) to UTC (or GMT0). The XI system is integrating SAP and non-SAP systems running around the globe with the majority of those systems running in their local time zone. The production instance has been running for a few years and has about 160 integration scenarios.

I am looking for information relating to:

u2022The potential impacts of a time zone change of an XI system (on interfaces, support processes, general Basis considerations).

u2022Approaches for analysing the impact of the change (i.e. do we need to go through every interface to search for time related mapping and config elements)

u2022Approach for implementing the change

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

u2022The potential impacts of a time zone change of an XI system (on interfaces, support processes, general Basis considerations).

Hi Time zones can effect if you have a time based triggering or prioritizing done in any of the developments over the system.

u2022Approaches for analysing the impact of the change (i.e. do we need to go through every interface to search for time related mapping and config elements)

Unfortunately yes you need to check at every interface for time related mapping. For example - Time formats, system time, Time greater than or Less than involved

u2022Approach for implementing the change

Approach can be.

1. Check out all the dependencies you have on time.

2. Prioritize the impacts on business production data

3. Plan for implementation

4. identify the changes

5. Implementation Drill. - If you have load balancing involved in landscape you can go one by one on PI(actual & Load balance)

6. System up

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (0)