cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using dynamic array as record selection criteria-performance issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have successfully passed an array to my subreport and using it as selection criteria. This subreport is embedded in a group and prints data recursively. Problem is the selection is happening locally which causes all the records to be brought and then filters them. Any solution/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

-Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

To over come your issue you can try creating a command for the sub report and creae a command level parameter.

And pass this array to the sub report parameter

i.e goto > change sub report link > and select the array for the main report and point it to the command level parameter and uncheck the option sub report field so that it filters the report before coming into the report level.

Regards,

Vinay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinay. But I think I found my answer actually at the selection criteria I was creating an array from string as follows,

stringvar array ConjugateLots = split( str, ",")

in ConjugateLots* //this was causing the local fitration and then I switch to * in split( str, ",") // which worked.

But once again thanks. But now I have another issue, I want the records to be sort in the array items. Any help with that also greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for records sorting goto > Report Menu > Record sort expert > Select field.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinay