cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data (Master Data Changes and Transaction Data) from SAP BW to SAP BPC 5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I have seen posts on this forum describing data transfers from SAP R/3 to SAP BPC. I assume the procedure for data transfers from SAP BW to SAP BPC 5.1 should be the same i.e. using SSIS packages.

However I have some unique requirements -

1. DATA AT DIFFERENT AGGREGATED LEVELS - I need data from SAP BW at different levels - Some data comes at Product level while other at Customer level and some at Project Level. The current procedure takes BW queries output in excel sheets (6 files) and then use the data manager package to load the data in SAP BPC 5.1 using appropriate transformation and conversion files. This procedure is highly manual and I am looking at using SSIS package to do this. However, because of having data at different levels, it becomes a little tricky. How can we achieve this using SSIS?

2. UPDATING MASTER DATA - I need to update the master data (dimension members) in SAP BPC 5.1 at the start of every month. The current procedure compares (in MS ACCESS) the data from the queries mentioned in 1 to the dimension members in SAP BPC 5.1 and spits a file with the new entries which needs to be manually updated in the appropriate dimensions using Admin Console. I am looking at automating this task. I cannot just replace all the contents of a dimension with the members coming from SAP BW since the dimension members contains some dummy members which are used for planning.

3. HIERARCHY CHANGES - What is the best way to capture the hierarchy changes in SAP BW into SAP BPC 5.1?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ameya Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

how did you solve the described problems? Can you give some hints about uploading master data and updating the hierarchy?

BR, André