cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Query: Too many table names in the query The maximum allowable is 256

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help, Im working on a Query using a multiprovider of 2 datastores, I need to work with cells to assign specific acconts values to specific rows and columns, so I was creating a Structure with elements from a Hierarchy, but I get this error when I'm half way of the structure:

"Too many table names in the query. The maximum allowable is 256.Incorrect syntax near ')'.Incorrect syntax near 'O1'."

Any idea what is happening? is ti possible to fix it? do I need to ask for a modification of my Infoproviders? Some one told me is possible to combine 2 querys, is it true?

Thanks a lot for your time and pacience.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The maximum allowable limit is 256 holds true. It is the max no. of characteristics and key figures that can be used in the column side. While creating a structure, you create key figures (restricted or calculated) and formulas etc.. The objects that you use to create these should not be more than 256.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4d/e2bebb41da1d42917100471b364efa/frameset.htm

Not sure if combination of 2 query's is possible. You can use RRI. Or have a woorkbook with 2 queries.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the answer, I will try to join the 2 using an Excel Macro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo Cardona

Have you joined 2 queries using Excel Macro?

I too have the same requirement right now.

Please tell me.

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini

You dont actually join them, you create a workbook with the Bex Analyzer and insert the 2 or more queries with analisis grids, then you can use a macro for calculations between queries.

Hope it helps.