cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch level and Batch Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have two questions regarding batch management.

1. I want to know what are the prerequisites for changing batch level.

Can I change batch level from 'Batch unique at material level' to 'Batch unique at client level'?

2. I want to increase batch number size to 15. Standard setting in SAP system is 10 digits. How can i change this to 15 digits?

Regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Changing the Batch Level

In the standard SAP System, the plant level is set as the batch level. If you want to use a different level in your company, you have to change it in Customizing and carry out a conversion program.

You choose the batch level in Customizing for Batch Management under Specify Batch Level and Activate Status Management.

While the conversion program is running, you can only post batches at the old level. You can only post batches at the new level after the conversion has been completed.

You cannot change back from a higher level to plant level in the standard system. However, you can change the batch level from client level back to material level .

To change the batch level from plant level to material level, the material has to be subject to batch management in all plants.

Number range

Not possible,

Please rfer this link also,

[ Batch Number|]

Also Check OSS note 533377 Conversion of batch level.

Please refer this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/25/2838714f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your inputs. This has answered my question.

Regards,

Himanshu

Answers (0)