Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM30 Field level authorization check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to add the authorization check in SM30 for the company field in the custom table. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Gagan Chodhry

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can look at tx se11 Utilities/Table maintance generator: Authorization object.

I hope to help.

Regards

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a custom table or standard sap table?

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

hello,

When u create a custom table,the module pool program will be generated along with table generation. When u run SM30 for specific custom table first it run the module pool program. U can add the check over there.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think about it...

... if it ispossible => then it has most likely been done before => and then there is probably an answer....

So you could search for it?

Some key words:

- Line-by-line authority checks => S_TABU_LIN

- Views, SE11, authority check => DB views, &NC& problems, urban legends, default parameters, cowboy developers...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this requirement for both type of tables i.e. custom as well as standard. Tables has got field profit center.. I need to show the table based on the loggedin user authorization to the profit center.

If it is a custom table then as mentioned by Siva, there is a way I heared that we can check the authorization in PAI event, but when I tried to do a small test, I could get the field symbol with the values, but I was not able to skip that record for disply.

If anyone can send the sample or the way to skip the record based on the check.

Also is there any other way to add the field level authorization to custom and standard tables...

Thanks,

Gagan Chodhry