cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy from Existing System to a Newly Installed system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed an SAP development system on suppose 'XYZ' host .Now I want to copy the Customizing settings from an exisitng client from a different SAP system based on 'ABC' host .Whether should I go for Remote client Copy or Client export,please suggest me.

2nd Issue is the client from which I want all the Customizing configuration,which includes at least 50 change requests,Those change requests are not even released. So,during Remote client Copy or Client export,would this unreleasd change requests create an issue to successful completion of copy of the client from previous development sytsem.

Othewise should I release all the change requests.But if I release those requests from existing system based on 'XYZ' host ,then how to release all those requests from the client in the Newly Installed System based on 'ABC' host.

Please guide.

Best Regards,

Sandipan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your effort & your reply!!

Furthur to my previous query, still need some help on that, how to handle those change requests that have already been released & as a result those are present in the Import Queue of the QAS system. If the Remote Client Copy/Client Export would take care of that.

Please guide.

Best Regards,

Sandipan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,

In my earlier post I had already mentioned, in a client copy from source to target system, the transport request will not be copied.

The main purpose of client copy is to copy the client data not the repository. i.e why constraint is to have the repository same on both source and target.

Even if you don't release the customizing requests, the changes will be copied to target.

how to handle those change requests that have already been released & as a result those are present in the Import Queue of the QAS system

Transports are not copied in client copy. the request no#s are client independent. (as an evident you can check, E070 table which contains the transport no# doesn't have MANDT field!!)

By Client copy from ABC to XYZ, you can't expect the ABCK9xxxx in the XYZ.. can you?

Hope this will clarify your doubt.

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 16, 2008 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should go for client export which is pretty simpler, but make sure that the patch levels are same and you have enough disk space. If you want all the request to be present in the new system you can create a BC set in your older system with all the request you want and then you can import the BC set in the newer system which will give you all the requests and the necesssary changes.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandipan,

Remote client copy is always suggested to client copy from one system to other on same LAN and if there are no network delays otherwise client export / import would be better option.

In the second query all these customizations are done in same client which you want to move it to other system I don't think you need to release them as these customized things will move along with client copy.

If you want to move this customized things to a system which is not getting this client then better release them and then do a client copy.

Regards

vivek

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,

- Remote client copy & Client export method of doing a client copy requires the repository of source system and target to be same. Generally client export method is done, when there is network slowness problem within the two system.

- Regarding the change requests, Change requests don't need to be released. all customizing that has been done in the source will come to target even if they are not released. Client copy from ABC to XYZ doesn't mean that the transports of ABC systems will come to XYZ!! Client copy copies the configurations (cross client, client dependent) and user master, application and customizing data depending on profile you select.

Regards,

Debasis.