cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, How can I use only one user in portal for diferents profiles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a problem I wanna to use a only one user to access to portal and once that user enter add him diferent roles depending of the profile, I will have many roles created but only one user could access to the portal, and I will have an application extra to determined what kind of profile is accesing to the portal and in this moment add it some roles previously created, in others words I will skip the portal screen access whith my own screen access and after I will grant to the user some roles to navigate diferent options in the portal,is it possible?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

We've done this in one of our projects but we didn't use the Portal to do this. We use pure Java Webdynpro + ABAP programming. Authorization is handled through customized tables in R3 + ABAP program. Also, all our pages are Java Webdynpro applications. If you're using Portal, I don't think what you want isn't possible.

regards,

Emerson Joseph Bautista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emerson, thaks for you help, the problem is that I am beginner in tihis and I don't If I will have a problem with policies standard SAP to login with only one one and modify their standards, thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Israles,

There is a API for User Management Engine (UME API) which is used to do User Management operation such as create a user, assign roles to the user, get the user information, change the user properties etc. These operation can be done using UME API (java).

You can create any portal content using webdynpro for java or portal component-JSP Dynpage. Use UME API in these applns.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

In fact this Api is very useful the problem is that How can I develop an screen application login for diferent profile users with only one valid user in the portal and after these users login to the portal add them their respective roles, My idea is create my own database to recovery every user profile through an screen application login and in this moment I known what is the user profile and which roles I must assign to the loguer user my problem is how can I modify the scrren portal login to use only one user in the portal,

thanks Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi isreal,

you mean to say you need to assign some roles dynamically.

when user logges in.

i am not able to understand your requirement.

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jayesh, Yes I need enter to the portal wiht only one user and after add him some roles depending of his permissions, this permissions are grant him dicamically through another application to determine which roles I must assigned, is it possible

thanks