cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Loading Cube from the different ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Experts.

We're working on the project to separate multiple countries into separate ODS and then load them into InfoCube. Currently all data is stored in one ODS. I created a separate ODS for the Thailand data, deleted Thailand data from the cube and now need to reload data into the cube from the new ODS. It won't let me do and INIT because there is already data in the cube and also when I run Delta, it does not bring in any data because data itself did not change, only source for the load change. What would you suggest? Any Input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Alina.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me understand:

You have done a selective deletion of Thailand data from the target cube

Regarding the Init, Do you mean therer is already an init when you said 'there is already data in the cube'?

Secondly, why do you want to do a init?

You can do a full repair request from Thailand ODS to the cube - that will load all the contents of the Thailand ODS into the Cube without affecting the init.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Thailand data was loaded into the cube as a part of the all countries (that's how old ODS was designed). So we never had Thailand INIT separately, we have INIT for all the countries (and Thailand was a part of it). Could you please tell me more about how I can use repair to do that.

Thanks Again.

Alina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assume you are doing a full load from Thailand ODS to the Cube - so first of all the update mode is 'Full'.

Create that infoPackage for full load frm thai ods to cube.

Now, when your infopackage is open, go to the menu bar on top and select:

Scheduler - Check Repair Full Request

Save

Schedule

Edited by: BI Quest on Oct 15, 2008 11:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Since you have done a selective deletion. re-processing from the Change Log tables of the ODS will not work.

You can do a full update DTP .

create a new Full update DTP restricting it for the Thailand data in the filters between the ODS & the Cube.

henceforth all the

This should resolve your prob.

reg

ramy

in SDN, thanks==points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to everybody who responded. Full Update in 'Check Repair Full Request ' mode did the trick and Delta updates after that are working as well