Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report output print - control # of columns in spool attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a custom report with about 20 columns in output and when I try to print the output, I am getting a warning message saying "system cannot print last 3 columns". When I look at the spool attributes, the # of columns attribute(PRI_PARAMS-LINSZ) has 258 in it. I think this is what is causing the problem. I am not sure where this value is coming from even though the format attribute(PRI_PARAMS-PAART) has value X_65_255. Interestingly, for some other outputs the report print is working just fine and the PRI_PARAMS-LINSZ value in such cases is 227. I do not understand why the PRI_PARAMS-LINSZ value is changing for the same report output and was wondering if there's a way to control this parameter from my program itself.

Any ideas/thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this part of the report code:

REPORT ZXXXXXXXX_XX
           NO STANDARD PAGE HEADING
            LINE-SIZE  132
            LINE-COUNT 65(0)
            MESSAGE-ID zz.

make sure this is same to that of the other report which is working.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I tried using

REPORT  ZABC LINE-SIZE 255.

Still I get a value of 258 for # of columns. It is the same report which is getting different values for # of columns for different outputs. I do not understand what's goin on. Thanks.