Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Role Authorization param to limit PO's to a certain amount?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a Role Authorization parameter that can be set to limit the creation of a Purchase Order to a specific (in this case dollar) amount or range?

In PFCG, I was reviewing some Purchasing security roles and came across the

Materials Management: Purchasing

security role, but could not see any parameter within this role that referenced the "total PO amout" so we could limit it for certain buyers.

Does such a parameter exist within the Purchasing roles?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scott.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above is not controlled by authorizations but by a business function called as "release procedure". This can be used for both PO as well as for PR. The release criteria can be anything like amount, quantity, cost center etc.(e.g. total value of the document with instance u2018Overall Value>10000 EURu2019). Once a purchasing document satisfies a release criteria it will get blocked from further processing.

It is then upto the managers etc who have relevant authorization via M_EINK_FRG to release the document for further processing or reject it.

As far parameters are concerned I do not think there should be any such parameter as it does not make any sense.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Can you please check on the Personalization tab in the role? I think we can restrict there?

Please let me know if you find some solution?

Thanks,

Saga

0 Kudos

I am checking the "Personalization" tab and find about 215 "Personalization Object Keys". But none of them reference PO amounts or anything remotely similar to amounts.

I'll keep looking around to see what I can find.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Scott,

Can you just check spending limit object?

Thanks,

Saga

0 Kudos

I don't see any "Spending Limit" object in the Personalization Object keys, of the Role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Under Materials Managment: Purchasing try using Release code and group (Purchasing) object M_EINK_FRG. There does have to be limits defined in your system for these groups before you can use this. There is also an object you can use for purchase requisitions.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above is not controlled by authorizations but by a business function called as "release procedure". This can be used for both PO as well as for PR. The release criteria can be anything like amount, quantity, cost center etc.(e.g. total value of the document with instance u2018Overall Value>10000 EURu2019). Once a purchasing document satisfies a release criteria it will get blocked from further processing.

It is then upto the managers etc who have relevant authorization via M_EINK_FRG to release the document for further processing or reject it.

As far parameters are concerned I do not think there should be any such parameter as it does not make any sense.

0 Kudos

I was afraid that "release strategy" and codes would be the only way.

I have set up some very elaborate release strategies for our Purchase Requisition system and use CL20N to limit PR's by Cost Center, Internal Order number, and currency amount.

I was just hopeing to aviod the same release strategy situation with PO's and find a simple security field to limit a buyer from creating PO's over a certain amount.

Thanks folks for the info. Looks like I'll be setting up a new Release Group/Codes/Strategies.

Scott.