cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new payment option in paymentblock.aspx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i would just like to know if anyone was able to modify the ASP code to include different payment methods. What would be optimal is that a user has to click on a checkbox if he plans to be charged on 3 separate occasions.

Is what im mentioning even possible? has anyone ever attempted this or something similar?

So far i was able to put the checkbox but i can't wrap around the fact that i will have to send this through sync

as well i can't even access paymentblock.aspx.cs

If anyone has any info or guidance i will be more than happy to hear your opinions or options.

Points will be awarded where merited.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastiano,

I am a bit confused about what you are trying to achieve.

Can you explain "click on a checkbox if he plans to be charged on 3 separate occasions", this better?

When would the charges take place? And would they charge a credit card? How would you determine the credit card?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user has the possibility to have his payments split into 3 consecutive months. Instead of paying all in one shot.

i was planning to have the creditcard charged for one of the three payments right away if a checkbox is ticked to true.

there would also be a udf created in the sales order stating if the web user chose to pay in 3 seperate payments.

If you have any idea on where i could begin or if this is even possible. let me know, if this needs further explaination please advise me and i will try to be as clear as i can.

can i access the asp background code? i cant seem to find it when i search for it.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would be fairly difficult to do.

Right now, when a credit card authorizes, it will always uses the entire order total.

You might be able to custom code to the verify page to set the payment amount to 1/3 (there might be a check to make sure the payment matches the order total when they set buy). You could test to see if this would work by doing the following:

1. Create a test order and stop on the verify page

2. manually update the OrderPayment amount in SQL server

3. Click the buy button

4. Check the orderpayment to see if it was changed back to the full amount

5. Also check your gateway service to see what was charged

After that, you would have to manage the remaining payments from B1--and there might be issues with the synch. It may not correctly reflect the added payments on the website.

Also, you may not want to use a payment option, unless you are only going to allow this on one type of credit card. It seems to me that there are two steps here:

1. collect credit card information

2. select installments

Adding a button to the billing page to pay with installments may be another way to go, rather than adding a payment option.