cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying a pdf or word document (for help) via "link" from an iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have iViews (which are simply reports) and have documentation explaining the overall report functionality. These iViews are displayed via a workset iMap. For each iView we would also like to have a "link" to a word, pdf, etc.. document. Basically any document type we decide on.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I'm sure there is.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should have content admin role to see the KM content.If u have that role go to Content Admin->KM content.

Regards

Hussain.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by making use of KM. Follow these steps for achieving the same.

1. Create a folder in Portal Content Management and upload all the help documents into it.

2. In this folder, create seperate links to indivisual help documents uploaded by specifying the target and name.

3. Click on the created links and copy the URL's

4. Open the I Views/Pages in PCD, and place the corresponding URLs in URL to Help Topic property of the respective I Views/Pages.

5. Enable the I View Tray property - Show Help Option

For every view , you can have some help file in the context links (Help) in the right corner of the Title area.

Hope this satisfies your requirement.

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CM,

Refer to this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0c/9e0e41a346ef6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also hope this thread will be useful:

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You as it has already been suggested you can keep the document in KM and create a KM document iview and use it. One way of doing it is add that iview the document iview as a related link for the report which requires help. So when any user clicks on the report he will see the help link in the related links section.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

I do not see KM when I'm in the Portal. Is this a particular Role and "installation" that is needed? I just need enough information to get with our Portal/Basis Team.

Thanks,

CM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might want to use KM repository for document management then use an IView to expose the document.

regards,

Emerson Joseph S. Bautista