Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Some questions relating to ESS Customization

Hi All,

Need some help in understanding some customization concepts in ESS WebDynpro. Had posted it here (/thread/1088758 [original link is broken]) too.

1. I am trying to pull out the Additional Personal Info stored in Infotype - 0077 and show it in Portal. For this, I am planning to write a new functinal module/ RFC which would return the infotype values to front end. Is that ok or is there any best practice for doing this?

2. Where is the ESS Home Area Page defined? Is it part of the WebDynpro component or is it stored as a configurable element in the backend? Any directions would be greatly appreciated. I am still in the process of importing the ESS Components into the track. So, couldnt get to see the code yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anjana R.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

It seems you are going to customise the existing ESS functionality from SAP.Before going ahead, you need to do though analysis of the required changes before finalizing the changes.Follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Download the ESS SC into your track.

2. Find out the DC which u need to customize.

3. Create a project of the DC in your build space.

4. Go through the existing flow of the DC.

5. Compare your requirement with the existing functionality and then decide the changes.

For Homepage frame work of ESS use the below mentioned link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/f6/263359f8c14ef98384ae7a2becd156/frameset.htm

SAP follows a framwork named Floor Plan Manager for front end.Go through the below mentioned link to understand it:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/b1/b3f1fee54e4316947ac5bf4e0206c4/frameset.htm

Transaction for backend configuration is :

SPR)->HomePageframework->....

regards,

amit bagati

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question