cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSprint service failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having issues with SAPSprint installed on a Windows 2003 spool server. Our printers are set up in SAP with access method S, so that all print jobs go from SAP to our Windows spool server with SAPSprint. Everything works fine for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden print jobs are not being sent from SAP to the Windows 2003 spool server. In the Windows Event Log, it shows errors for SAPWIN:

Error in TextOut occurred: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Error in TextOut occurred: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Error in StretchDIBits occurred: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Error in EndPage occurred: The operation completed successfully.

If we restart the SAPSprint service on the Windows 2003 server the errors go away and everything will print fine for a couple weeks until the problem happens again.

We are running SAPSprint version 7.1.0 (SAPWIN (Version 7, 1, 0, 0.1, 0, 2, 5) for Windows (32Bit)). We have not been able to find documentation on this problem, has anybody else seen this happen and know of a solution?

Thank you in advance.

--

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We encountered a problem with SAPSprint if a user attempted to print to a non-existent printer. There were a couple of old printer definitions that had not been removed from SAP and some users were attempting to print to them. In this case the SAPSprint got hosed and had to be restarted. We deleted the old printer definitions and notified SAP of the problem, but I'm not sure if it has been fixed in a recent patch.

Just a thought...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Is there a virus scanner running on the machine?

- Do you have a firewall activated?

- Do you have multiple network cards that are "bound" together?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Yes we do have antivirus running (Symantec Antivirus). But if we should not be scanning any files for SAPSprint please let me know (for example we can set the software not to scan a folder if SAPSprint needs a folder to place temporary files?). We have used the same antivirus software in the past with older versions of SAPSprint and have not had any problems.

We do not have any firewall activated.

There is only one network card on the server.

We have done troubleshooting and the server itself seems OK. We print to the installed Windows printers directly and there are no problems. Our only problem is with SAPSprint every week or two.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

--

Chris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have done troubleshooting and the server itself seems OK. We print to the installed Windows printers directly and there are no problems. Our only problem is with SAPSprint every week or two.

Are the printers created locally on the server with their respective printer drivers?

I´ve not seen this problem specifically with SAPSprint but with the normal Windows spooler system. That error happens frequently when e. g. on our printserver a driver is updated and exactly at that time someone prints to a printer whose driver is "update-in-progress". The spoolsv tries to load the driver DLL at the same time it´s exchanged and thus this "overlapping I/O" is happening.

I could imagine that the same thing happens when the Antivirus is scanning a DLL (and locking it) and SAPSprint tries to load it.

This is just a guess - you could try to exclude SAPSprint.exe from scanning, I´m not sure however, if that will prevent scanning the dependent DLLs.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all printers are created locally with their installed drivers. But I will check the antivirus settings in regards to the DLLs and other files used by SAPSprint. I was not sure what exactly the "overlapping I/O" error was referring to, so that makes sense.

Thank you for the feedback. If we find the solution I will definitely post it back here.

Thanks,

--

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apply SAPSprint latest patch according to SAP Note

927074 - Patches for SAPSprint

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for the reply. The file version we are running for sapsprint.exe is 1.0.2.2. The version from the latest patch (note # 927074) is version 1.0.2.1. So we are already using the latest version as far as I know. Please advise if there is a newer version available, but I have not been able to find one that is newer.

Thank you.

--

Chris